From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 23:54:47 -0500
I have been given the go ahead from the the President
of WRPI (the school station at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute),
to announce that WRPI will begin broadcasting live on the Internet
sometime within the next few weeks. Since WRPI broadcasts all
Engineer hockey games, home and away, RPI hockey will be available
live on the net.

WRPI is currently testing their server and associated software
(they did actually broadcast the game against Niagara last Saturday
night) and have told me that they fully intend to brodcast the
games this weekend at St. Lawrence and Clarkson. There is no nice
browser interface ready yet to make these broadcasts covenient to
get to, although I've been assured that this interface will be in place
soon.

For those who want to try it out, you must start RealPlayer or
RealAudio, click on File, Open Location and enter

pnm://raserv.wrpi.rpi.edu/wrpi.rm

I would like to repeat that this connection is only being tested
and there are no guarantees. If you have problems connecting or
questions about how to connect, contact me, not WRPI.

I will not be adding the RPI link to my periodic post "Hockey on the Net"
since their "official address" will probably be different from the one above.
When the broadcast becomes official, which will hopefully be within the
next few weeks, an announcement will be posted to the list.
Mark Lewin
RPI - class of '69