From:
Rob Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rob Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 12:03:27 -0500
Everyone's favorite hockey band, the pep band from the University of
MIchigan, has been invited to play at tonight's World University Hockey
Championships in the corner of the American team.  We consider this a
tremendous honor and we'll try to be the best representatives we can
(in other words don't worry, the sieve chants and goal counts stay in Ann
Arbor).  If you're going to be at the game, give us a holler (I'll be
wearing a Michigan jersey), since we're
kind of on the same side.

Also, I haven't seen this on the list but thanks to Sports Illustrated for
a full-page report on North Dakota's championship in this week's
issue.  Good to see that all the letters they got after giving Michigan and
college hockey a big "Who cares" last year were effective.  As refreshing
as it was, could it be considered blasphemy against the NC$$ that they had
the headline "North Dakota wins other Final Four"?  Heads will roll over
that one. =)

Re: "Best team" argument...increase the peace, eh? =)

C-ya,
Rob (proud member of the University of Michigan Hockey High School Band--
hey to Wisconsin) Walker