Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 20:43:35 -0700
As one who develops web content for a living, I've always thought Real
Audio was "kinda cool." But when it came to actual business, Real Audio
(and Shockwave audio) was nothing more than a toy that had few practical
purposes.

Given the low-quality of RA (even with a T1... *sigh*), I've never been a
huge fan. Then along came all the good folks delivering RA broadcasts of
college hockey games.

Wow, did this help this Boulder-bound college hockey fan get back into the
sport.

Adding to this excitement tenfold comes along Adam Wodon, and "Around The
Rinks." Now I can sit here at work, and listen to his fine program. Best of
all, I can stop and rewind the bloody thing! Wheeeee!

But these two however, have paled in comparison to the pure FUN I just
experienced while reading mail here on Hockey-L. Eric Carlson, in a quick
posting, ushered in what I consider to be a major step in moving the 'net
(and Hockey-L) towards a "total interactive experience."

In writing/asking about the most powerful shot in college pucks, Carlson
mentioned that Jeff Trembecky has heavy blast. But without needing to go
into explanations of a recent Trembecky victim, he was able to put a quick
link to a Real Audio clip of Trembecky's goal.

One quick click, and I continued reading the thread of posts about heavy
shooters, listening to a couple of announcers who were totally floored by
Trembecky's shot.

Wheeeeee! Thanks, Eric!

ps: I know others have posted RA links before, but was the first one that I
followed immediately upon seeing the link, and the first one that appeared
in the message to be good and short -- and best of all, appeared to truly
add to the reading experience. It did!

greenie

S P O O N ! !
(go BU)