From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1991 18:04:03 EST
Sid writes:
> A few years ago Brown was in the RPI invitational tourney and lost in the
>consolation round (I don't remember to whom). Anyway, Brown wasted no time
>in leaving, or trying to leave the Field House after their disappointing
>and rather embarrassing showing. About 10 minutes into the championship game
>that evening, an announcement was made that a car outside the Field House was
>illegally parked. Sure enough, the plate number was mine. There was a pause
>then the announcer said "by the way, your vehicle is bolcking the Brown team
>bus." At the suggestion of some nearby fans, I waited about 20 minutes before
>going out to move my car, at which point an assistant coach had a few less-than
>appreciative words for me. I told him we would see Brown again at the
>Freakout :)

No offense meant to Sid, or anyone else for that matter, but I'm wondering
why the heck the Brown people (who presumably were already peeved at their
performance in the tourney) didn't just track down a phone book and have the
car towed away.  Or at least tell the announcer that they were going to do
so -- you'd figure there would be a quicker response if the announcement was
"Your car is illegally parked AND IS ABOUT TO BE TOWED..."

Good story, though :-)
--
Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and probably '94        |  [log in to unmask]