From:
"Terry P. Kasdan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry P. Kasdan
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 02:08:33 -0600
At 6:18 PM 6/3/96, Nathan Boyle wrote:

> I have my own thoughts on the subject, but I was wondering what the list
> thinks the move of the NHL into the south and south-west will have on the
> development of college hockey in those regions?

> ...could this be the kind of jolt needed to awake interest in the sport
> down and around there?

Just F.Y.I...

I think the interest is already there!  The U. of Arizona Icecats (A.C.H.A.
Division I) rank near the top of attendance polls, year in and year out -
for ALL of college hockey!  Arizona's average attendance - more than 6,000
per game - is on par with all the top draws in college hockey.  And their
rink, the Tuscon Convention Center (a.k.a. "The Madhouse on Main Street")
rivals any college arena in the country.  Likewise, I understand other
teams like Arizona State and a few in California and Florida, also draw
well...

The interest is definitely there.  But then again there's lots of interest
and little action in other places too...

            \\\\\///
            / ^   _ \
 |       Terry P. Kasdan          |         Visit my homepage!         |
 |  [log in to unmask]    | http://students.uiuc.edu/~t-kasdan |
          .oooO   (   |
            \_)