From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 1991 16:01:02 GMT
Brendan Sullivan writes:
>I have to say, I would love to see college hockey on TV as much as the next
>guy, but let's face it... it just will never happen on a large scale...
>sure, some games will be covered (NESN gets BU and Northeastern games - most
>often they don't even cover the BC and Harvard games) ...

NESN's contract is with Hockey East; as such, Harvard is not part of that
deal and the only time the Crimson will appear on NESN is during the Beanpot,
the ECAC Final Four (sue me), or any HE-ECAC games NESN chooses to show.

NESN also does cover quite a few BC games; in fact, BC is probably their
biggest draw.  Here's how many times the eight HE teams are scheduled to
appear on NESN in 1991-92, not including playoffs or the Beanpot:

BC            8          Merrimack      5
BU            8          New Hampshire  5
Maine         5          Northeastern   5
UMass-Lowell  4          Providence     6

- mike