Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 90 17:50:06 EDT
 From an article by Dan Lien in this mornings paper: Gopher coach Doug Woog
 looked over a list of scores from around the WCHA following Saturday night's
 game and saw nothing but overtime games.
      "This is the way it's going to be all year," Woog said. "It's gonna be
 tight."
      For the weekend, Minnesota killed off all nine power-play opportunities,
 bringing its season total to 19 of 20, best in the league. "That's team
 quickness," Woog said. "We're fortunate to have young guys like Nielsen (a
 Freshman wing from Grand Rapids, MN) and (John) Brill do such a good job.
 Plus, we've got the biggest defense I've ever had (in six seasons), and we
 smothered the rebounds."
 Friday night, in contrast to the speed and quickness of Saturday's game, was
 stagnant and sloppy for two periods, before Minnesota took over in the third.
      Five different Gophers scored, and two goaltenders combined to hold the
 Pioneers to only two goals, giving DU a total of only six goals this season in
 four losses.
       Minnesota is now 8-0 in its last four years at DU arena, and has won 14
 of the last 15 from the Pioneers.
 Carol White
 U of M
 GO Gophers!!!