From:
Jeff Brune <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 1995 17:06:32 MST
Sorry if you guys got a blank or forwarded message without any new info in it.
I accidentally sent it without meaning to.

Anyway, when you talk about college goalies going on to the pros, who can
forget to mention Eddie Mio from Colorado College.  My roomate is a big Rangers
fan and he remembers as a kid going to Madison Garden and hearing the crowd
chant "Miiiiiiiooooooooo!" over and over.  He was shocked when he got here to
find that Mio was a CC alum.

Another great goaltender from CC was Marty Wakelyn (sp?) who played in the 80s.
He went on to the pros and unfortunately had his career ended prematurely when
an opposing player skated into the goal and messed up Marty's back.

Jeff Brune
Colorado College Tigers
1994, 1995 Back to Back WCHA McNaughton Cup Champions