From:
Robert Gaskins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 08:20:06 CST
On Thursday, 23 Mar 95, Carl Ford wrote:

>  ***NEWS FLASH***
>
>  PROVIDENCE -- The NCAA yesterday awarded the NCAA Division
>  I Hockey Championship to Lake Superior State University.
>  When asked why such a move was made, thereby canceling the
>  entire NCAA tournament and forfeiting all the cash to be
>  made from such an event, NCAA Tournament Director Hock E.
>  Ell was quoted as saying, "Since everyone seems to think
>  that they will win the tournament based on their past
>  performances, why bother?"

Hockey-L-ers may also be interested in an article I read this morning:

   PEORIA, IL -- Calvin B. Aeronicus of the US Agriculture
   Department Peoria Research Center today announced the
   development of a new breed of hog which will save farmers
   millions of dollars in crop dusting fees.  The creature,
   named "Pigus Aeronicus" after the project's leader, was
   developed as a joint effort by the USDA Research Center and
   the California Rainmakers Association.

   Aeronicus said that "While the pig can only fly about 30
   feet now, please remember that it is still an infant.  When
   fully grown, we expect it to be able to stay aloft for
   several hours at a time."

MANDATORY HOCKEY CONTENT:

Thanks to all those who have sent e-mail asking about Jon Gaskins' (MSU
freshman defenseman) injury.  He is scheduled to go under the knife on
Wednesday for exploratory arthroscopy.  If the damage is severe enough they may
continue with a full ligament reconstruction right away, but we won't know that
until the surgeon has checked the knee out with the scope.

      -- Bob Gaskins ([log in to unmask])

P.S.  For those taking cameras to the Dane County Arena this weekend, I'm told
that you can use any speed of 35mm film inside the arena as long as it has lots
of holes on the sides.  My informant told me the holes are essential if you
plan to photograph any Badger fans during the cheering.  Perhaps Russell Jaslow
can tell us if Kodak makes such a film?