Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 1991 12:43:20 +1000
As promised, here is the College Hockey Magazine subscription info (and
no, I do not get a commission...)

College Hockey Magazine
David McDougall, Publisher
37 Trask Rd., Peabody, MA 01960

12 issues per year  (every other Monday from the third week in October
through the second week in April)

1 year ($15 renewel, $24 new subscriber)
2 year ($30 renewel, $40 new subscriber)

The large price difference reflects the fact that CHM suspended
operations midway through last season.  This is their way of
reimbursing last year's subscribers for the lost issues.

While we're on the subject, here is another publication of interest:

The Intercollegiate Hockey Newsletter
Don T. Birkmayer, Editor
8 Oxford Rd.
Troy, NY 12180

Last year's subscription rate for new subscribers was $24.

IHN, now in its 39th year, is definitely "not sold in stores."  The
quirky lowest-tech format is by itself worth the price of admission.
It consists of 8-12 pages of painfully small single-spaced type on
yellow paper without staples or binding.  IHN covers the four Div. 1
conferences - the ECAC coverage is particularly good, reflecting
Birkmayer's location.  The "Heard on the Blueline" section is a
collection of miscellaneous news and trivia that sometimes strays into
Twilight Zone weirdness...  IHN is also the *only* hockey publication
I've seen which has not insisted that Trent Andison's name was
"Anderson". For all of these reasons, I recommend it.

I assume that there are other publications devoted largely / solely to
college hockey, but I haven't found them.  There is a weekly
newspaper-format pub called "Hockey USA" available at newstands in the
Boston area, but it concentrates on AHAUS and lower level tournies in
New York and Massachusetts.

If there are any other good publications out there, I would love to hear about
 them!

Greg
Boston
Let's Go Red!