From:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 1994 11:42:52 EST
I guess I should be one to know this but I don't so I'm wondering if
anyone knows what the impetus for Lowell to move to D-I in the early 80's
was.  Was it the fact that they had been a dominate D-II team for such a
stretch or was that the time when the D-II championship was done away
with?  Lowell is still a D-II school in every other sport....

I have a copy of a Sports Illustrated from the early 80's which had an
article on the Lowell D-II "dynasty".  The reporter had asked Coach Billy
Riley if/when the team will move to Division One, and Billy had said
absolutely not!

Steve Weisfeldt
Univ. of Lowell  1986, 1988                       Home of the 'Hawks!!
[log in to unmask]                          4-3-1 [1] (7-6-3)