From:
Jeff Brune <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 1994 16:57:09 MST
        At the end of a recent article on d-1 sports at Colorado College, I
jokingly wrote that because CC is going to retain its hockey program, all other
teams might as well forget about winning the national champioship or any future
WCHA title.  I considered writing "joke" in parantheses after the comment, but
assumed that people would be able to detect sarcasm.  Judging from the amount
of mail that I have received today, I made a wrong assumption.  Let me
explicitly state that I was being sarcastic, that I do not think that CC is a
sure bet for the national championship, and that I do not think that they will
win the McNaughton Cup from now until eternity.  If I ever make such a
statement in the future (which I won't do), please lighten up a little.

                                Jeff Brune