From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 91 16:50:55 EDT
World Hockey Championship results from Thursday, April 25:

At Turku:
     Sweden 2, Czechoslovakia 1
     Soviet Union 5, Canada 3

At Helsinki:
     United States 4, Switzerland 2
     Finland 6, Germany 0

Standings:
Team              W    L    T   Pts.   GF   GA
Soviet Union      5    0    0    10    30    9
Sweden            3    0    2     8    22   13
Canada            4    1    0     8    18   12
Finland           2    2    1     5    15   12
United States     2    2    1     5    17   23
Czechoslovakia    2    3    0     4    13   10
Switzerland       0    5    0     0     7   18
Germany           0    5    0     0     7   31

With their defeat of Team Canada, the Soviets have clinched a berth in next
week's medal round.

Also, in the United States' 4-2 win over Switzerland, Tony Amonte had a goal
and Jeremy Roenick had a goal and an assist.  The two Thayer Academy alumni
currently lead Team USA in scoring in the tournament:  Roenick has three
goals and four assists for seven points, and Amonte is right behind him with
2-4-6 numbers.  The overall scoring leaders in the World Hockey Champion-
ships are Finland's Jari Kurri, Sweden's Mats Sundin, and the Soviet Union's
Valeri Kamenski, with eight points each.  (Thanks again to Kimmo Kauranen
for posting summaries on r.s.hockey)

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86
LET'S GO RED!!

"Got into an argument this morning with my Rice Krispies.  I distinctly
 heard 'Snap' 'Crackle' 'F**K HIM!' "
-- George Carlin, _A Place For My Stuff_