From:
Fred Flintstone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 91 18:56:06 EDT
As to next year :
	Clarkson has lost only 5 seniors. No one else has left (e.g. to go play
in the World Championships, the Pros, or Olympic hockey 8-).  The biggest
class are currently sophmores. There are 10 sophmores on the roster with 8 of
them regularly dressing and playing. We have 6 current freshmen. Our goalies
are a sophmore and a freshmen. With this experience and the majority of
players returning, it won't be as hard to keep the continuity making it easier
to remain in contention. From what I have heard about this years recruiting,
we have recruited 6 offensive players who are all supposed to be very good
goal scorers increasing our offensive potential. There are also a couple of
very good defensemen, one of whom is supposed to step right into the skates
of graduating Dave Tretowicz (read *AMAZING* player).
	As to any Hobey Baker candidates, if one is looking for offensive
stats, Clarkson's best chance for the Hobey would seem to be Hugo Belanger.
He was only the third ever Clarkson sophmore to reach the 100 pt. mark. He
was even passing other current players on the all-time scoring list.
	Overall, I think Clarkson stands a good to chance to be contenders
nationally. This years "Cinderella" (so termed by others in the press) season
has served to increase the respect Clarkson gets outside the ECAC. With
the introduction of a new and larger arena, last season
('scuse, damn mail editor), season's amazing showing, it will be interesting
how the players respond to the pressure to do well again. I think that they
can pull it off and bring home our first ever Div. I National Hockey
Championship.

						Ted Weiler
						Clarkson Pep Band '94