From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 91 13:17:40 EDT
    Thanks for the WC results, Bill!  A few comments:

>Sweden 4, United States 4
>                                                                     Amonte
>     then assisted Jeremy Roenick on a goal 7:35 into the third to give the
>     United States a 4-3 lead.

    The boys are back together, for the first time in three years.  Amonte
    & Roenick were high school linemates at Thayer Academy (Mass.); I recall
    seeing them play Northeastern's JV team back in 1987 and thinking Roenick
    would never go anywhere.  I guess I won't be getting a job in scouting any
    time soon.  I think I still have the box score from that game, but then
    again I never throw anything away.

>A few more notes on the earlier games, culled from a rec.sport.hockey
>posting by Kimmo Kauranen, at the University of Tampere in Finland (some
>good summaries -- hopefully, Kimmo will keep posting):
>
>Canada 4, United States 3 (4/19)
>     Emma's former HEM linemate Shawn McEachern then tallied at 9:08 of the
>     third period.

    Not sure if these words were from Kimmo or yourself, Bill, but of course
    the 'M' in BC's HEM line was Marty McInnis, not BU's McEachern.

    Also, I don't have definite news on any of the other Team Mass/NH players
    that might be heading to college, but whatever I hear or see I'll post.

    - mike