From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 91 14:35:25 -0400
Keep those Eastern schedules coming folks! I'll be entering all the scores
into my database again this year and the earlier I get the games in there
the better.

Unfortunately, there will not be any CCHA schedules released for at
least a month. One hangup is the NCAA tournament format, which affects
when the CCHA championships will be held at the Joe (the Ice Show may
interfere this year!). Another hangup is the 34-game limit imposed by
the NCAA. The NCAA WILL NOT recognize the CCHA by-laws as "in writing",
thus the traditional 32 game league schedule planned is in real
jeopardy. If the CCHA stays with its old 32 game schedule, then each
team only gets *2* non conference games. Some coaches are already
complaining about that, so a whole new schedule may be created.

But nothing will be decided fer sure til mid-May.

I bet the WCHA schedule is also in hot water. So much for "reforms", which
have done nothing but screw up everything.

Keith [log in to unmask]
PS FUBAR = f*cked up beyond all repair