From:
Fred Flintstone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 91 13:16:24 EDT
Hey there,
	I think what Jack MacDonald has to say is a good idea. I was talking
to someone I know about the idea of stats transfer. We were saying it would
be easier if we could convince schools to standardize their stats keeping.
We were thinking it wouldn't be very hard to set up a database for hockey
stats and distribute it to the various schools. That way stats could be
transfered by disk, phone lines or if neccesary by hard copy. Instead of
having the secrataries type the stats on a regular typewriter, have them
use a computer instead. There wouldn't be any extra time to do this. In fact
it could save time by having the computer caculate totals.
	If we did get all the SID's on the list, it could get interesting.
One thing they could provide is game stats that are more accurate. They can
also provide those stats quicker. Imagine, every weekend a place where we could
get accurate stats as well as other information. One things is, I gotta wonder
how many in the respective SID offices have the time to check the mail as
often as many do. Their mail will tend to pile up. I know that here at
Clarkson, it can take me almost an hour to read 40 messages. Quite often
that many have come through in a day. Do they really have time to sit
at a terminal reading the mail?

		Just my 2 cents worth...

						Later daze,
						Ted Weiler