From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 91 09:39:00 CDT
James Bradshaw writes:

> As a pseudo-layperson from the South (where Ice Hockey is virtually unknown)

Here in the Frozen North, the defualt value of "Hockey" is the real stuff
played on ice.  Modifiers are needed only for such aberrations as Field Hockey.

>  A BIG thanks to Carol, Erik & Paula, Kathy and all of the
> "Twin Cities' Locals" for their hospitality.  I was looking
> for more snow though ...

Timing is everything.  Though we had temperatures in the 80's last weekend, we
had snow on Tuesday, and should get more this weekend.  Perhaps you'll come
back another time, when we can show you some REAL winter.

> The "clear" boards were different.  I liked them on the near-side,
> but found them sometimes distracting on the far-side.

I think the Civic Center is the only arena in North America with plexiglass
boards.  Olympic hockey in 1968 and 1972 was played in arenas with glass
boards.  The Civic Center was built in the early 1970's, and the glass boards
were included in the design as something new and interesting.  They never
caught on anywhere else, and now that advertising on the boards has become
so prevalent we are not likely to see them installed elsewhere.

> * Best Dressed
> Erik and Paula with their "Gopher Hats" ... especially Paula with the beret.

Thank you.  Had Minnesota made it to the final four, you would have seen many
more fans wearing caps with "Gopher ears."  As it was, the hats made us easy to
find in a crowd.  Having worn my "ears" to every game for several years, I
would have felt out of place had I left mine at home.

> Until '92 in Albany!
> James Bradshaw
> Clemson University

I hope we'll see you in Albany, if not before then.

Erik Biever                              --GOLDEN GOPHER   MMMMM    MMMMM
St. Paul, Minnesota - Home of the       --HOCKEY            MM MM  MM MM
1991 WCHA & NCAA Championships         --Fastest Game      MM   MMMM   MM
BITNET:    e-biev@uminn1              --In Town           MM   MMMMMM   MM
INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]                      MMMMM          MMMMM