Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 1994 14:15:59 EDT
Re: Ferraros
  My guess is that Mike Keenan, the Rangers' coach, is not too keen on the
Ferraros. Mike likes bangers; the Ferraros appear to be finese types. In the
earlier 80's the Rangers were called "The Smurfs" for having so many small,
speedy forwards wearing blue shirts). Mike has changed all that. Tonight we
see if it pays off. Keenan is from the Don Cherry school, and I'm not sure
how fond he might be of the college game.
  Remember, to that the Atlanta team is no slouch; they won the IHL championship
this year. Even if the twins complete schooling, they'd still do time in the
minors. This way, they get to join a good one. It's not as if they transferred
to BC.

Re: BU schedule
I notice that BU wil not play any Western or Central teams next season, except
during tournaments. Will that hurt the Terriers in the rankings? With PC, BC,
and Maine having their troubles, with the expansion UMASS-Amherst, next season's
Hockey East appears to be in a rebuilding year. Also, BU is in three premier
tournanments: Great Western, Mariucci, and the Bean Pot. This seems a bit
unusual. Is BU in that great a demand? Or is BU policy to use tournaments
for inter-league play?

Ken Kretsch             | "Coach, my Mom wants me to live for my Bar Mitzvah"
BU '79                  | "Goldberg, this is your Bar Mitzvah. Today you
[log in to unmask]        |  become a man!"