From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 1994 00:51:39 -0500
Ron Sperber writes:
>...I was still curious if there is actually a rule that allows
>the refs to cut the game short or not.

Yes, according to Rule 6-42-e:

"If, at any time during the course of the game, the official believes
that the playing conditions or the conditions among the players and/or
spectators have become unsatisfactory, he may stop the game; and the
score of the game shall be what it was when the game was stopped.  It
shall be "no game" unless two periods have been played."

I believe this was the rule that was invoked the two times I have seen
a game called for fighting, in Nov 1988 between Lowell and
Northeastern (Lowell led 7-5 with about 2 1/2 min left) and in Nov
1989 between Northeastern and Merrimack (Merrimack led 8-4 with about
4 min left).
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93
<<<<<< Color Voice of the (9-10-2) Merrimack Warriors WCCM 800 AM >>>>>