From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 1994 19:52:40 CST
Dave Hendrickson writes:
> Does anyone out there know how long teams are typically off during the
> holiday
> break?  Are there any NC$$ guidelines?  How about optional pracices for those
> who don't go home for the holidays?

The NC$$ regulates how many weeks of supervised practices you can have.  No
break is required, but in the case of a team that starts the season early (okay,
pretty obviously, I mean the Gophers), they may have to take a week or two off
during the season to keep within the NC$$ guidelines.   The Gophers started
early (beginning of Oct, I think) because they played in the Hall of Fame game
and had to take two weeks off:  the first week of December and Christmas week.
Even when they are NOT "practicing" they can have "captain's practices" with no
coaches present, which are quite well attended for the Gophers, most of whom
don't have too far to go to go home for the holidays!

Pam Sweeney                            Go Gophers!!!
[log in to unmask]         1993 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!
[log in to unmask]              Ski-U-Mah!!!