From:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1993 14:27:29 EDT
The Associated Press reports Maine may appeal the NCAA's 14-game
suspension of Cal Ingraham.

"We are considering what our options are from an appeal standpoint,"
UMaine athletic director Michael Ploszek said.

Ingraham said he was surprised at the severity of the sanction.
"It really didn't have much to do with me," he said about the
transcript error. "It was an honest mistake and we reported it.
I guess that's the hardest part."

If the NCAA holds its ground, Ingraham will not play on the
same line as Paul Kariya this season. Kariya leaves Maine to
join the Canadian Olympic team Dec. 11. Ingraham won't be eli-
gible to return until Dec. 12.

Ryan Robbins
Stodder Hall
University of Maine