From:
Clay Satow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:19:17 -0700
--- Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Must every issue this week be turned into a shot at the Gophers or their fans?
>   Just wondering.
>
> -- Erik

Erik,

FWIW, I can see how you took it that way, but it ain’t what I intended.

In an earlier post is called Minnesota fans:

“. . . probably the largest, most loyal fan base of any college hockey
team.”

Hardly a shot at the Gophers or their fans.

Michael Neal, (a Gopher fan, right?) corrected me:

“The Gopher fan base may be large and loyal, but Minnesotans don't travel well.”

The statement in the article seems to bear that out.  And yeah, that is kinda disappointing to me.

Everybody get to Columbus safely . . . looking forward to a great tournament and an enjoyable
dinner.

Clay