Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1992 22:11:09 -0500
Just to clarify a previous posting:
The rating of the ECAC arenas was done by Geoff Howell as therefore,
presumably, his opinion. I think its done from the "hockey purist"
standpoint as the intimate old-time features of Lynah and Appleton were
stressed as well as the racousness (and in UVM's case, the knowledge) of
the fans was stressed. As Dave Smith pointed out, the crowd intimidation
seemed to be a heavily weighted fact by the author. (one exception to
the 'hockey purist' theme was the #5 ranking of the new Cheel Arena here
at Clarkson. Howell stressed the modern, comfortable features of the
arena as well as the (in)famous bell. Certainly a 180 degree turn from
Walker, but I'm sure many Clarksonites like different features of both).

BRI

Bri Farenell
Clarkson '95

GO
Phoenix Suns: 	1975-76 WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPS
Boston Bruins	1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS
U of Arizona Wildcats basketball   1984-1991 PAC-10 CHAMPS
Adirondack Red Wings		1981, 1986, 1989 CALDER CUP CHAMPS
Clarkson Golden Knights hockey	1962, 1966, 1970 NCAA FINALISTS