From:
Larry Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 15:14:20 -0500
Considering that Cornell has already been in one game with 200+ penalty
minutes (Union) and another with close to that (Princeton), one has to
wonder whether this game should be considered either

1)  A rectifying of statistical anomalies so that Cornell, like any other
team averages a normal amount of penalties per game (an averaging ut so to
speak)

2)  A clearly poorly refereed game since obviously Cornell doesn't play
penalty free or even limited penalty hockey.

or

3)  A display of the clearly inconsistent style of the ECAC referees.

I'm inclined towards (3).  Just thought I'd comment.

Larry

At 1:20 PM -0500 2/20/99, Mark J. Hill wrote:
>During Cornell's 4-1 win on Friday night there were only three penalties
>called, all on Brown.  I think the topic of penalty free games has been
>brought up before, but I can't remember how often this happens.  Are there
>many other games in which a team has escaped without any penalties?
>

>Mark
>SLU 96
>Let's Go SAINTS!!!!
>(Thanks to Sara for the signature template!)
>
>HOCKEY-L is for discussion of college ice hockey;  send information to
>[log in to unmask], The College Hockey Information List.

Larry Weintraub '98,
Cornell University
Let's Go BIG RED!!!!!

Quote of the Semester:
        "They wear their hearts on their sleeves here at Cornell...and also
their faces."

        -- TV Announcers at the Cornell-Colgate game,
           while the camera was in a close-up on my painted face.