From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 18:26:07 -0400
>  I'd agree that the Committee made a good call, but I'll believe it when I
>see it re: reporting of records/statistics.  Maine was ranked #8 in the USCHO
>Pre-season Poll at 0-0-0, and opens play this weekend with two games at UNO.
>USCHO should (and probably will) report their record as 0-0-0 next week no
>matter what happens in Omaha, but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts there'll be
>a HUGE dust-up about why Maine's record doesn't reflect its games vs. the
>Mavericks, especially if Maine should sweep.

Nah, there'll be a bigger question why they don't show up in the polls if
Maine would actually lose a game (hopefully they will :-) ) or, if they
somehow get swept like Joel said. Think about it, UNO has yet to beat a
ranked opponent(unless Maine was ranked last year when we split the series
in Orono, but I don't think so), and Maine is #8 in the country right now.
They're expected to win, so sweeping UNO wouldn't be that big of a deal to
pollsters. Getting swept or probably even splitting could/should knock em
from the top 10.

Can't wait til next Friday, should be an awesome game, and the arena should
be rocking (even without the live band this year, damnit).

Ben F.
U!N!O! U!N!O!