From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:38:31 -0500
I agree.  I think 8 teams in the ECAC, and 16 in the nationals works much
better. It is fair for all, which I believe should be the desired goal.

Since we're talking play-off ideas, how about two-game total-goals at
campus sites.  I know, I know, you've heard it before, but you're hearing
it again:  There's x-amount of complaint about the low number of goals
being scored, well, the old 2-game total-goals in the NC$$'s produced
scoring.  You're never out of it, because you can hit that 5 minutes of
magic and win the series on either night.  I also feel the more talented
teams tended to advance that way, as opposed to who is going to grind who
into the ice (oh joy!).  So, what about the ECAC & NC$$ quarters going
two-game total-goals!

/
 good shooting
 hungerf