From:
"Andrew J. Weise" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew J. Weise
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 08:21:24 -0500
Boy, if that wasn't confusing enough.....Thanks, Bill.   ;-)

One additional question - there's a possibility that Yale & Clarkson will
tie for the RS Champ. Let's say they do and the tiebreakers come into effect.

First is h-2-h, which is even since the two teams split this year. Then, it
becomes record vs. the top 4. As it stands right now (after Friday's games),
the top of the ECAC is Yale, Clarkson, RPI, Colgate, Brown, & Cornell in
that order (Brown & Cornell actually tied for 5th).

So, if they had to break a Yale-Clarkson tie using the record vs. top 4, do
they use the "real" top 4 (Yale,Ckn,RPI,Col) or the "next" top 4 (RPI,Col,
Br, Cor)?

I heard some talk that the latter method would be used - thus, my question.
It may make a little sense that the "real" top 4 is used because, well, it's the
actual top 4.  They would simply be using 3 teams instead of 4 for the
tiebreaker.

Thanks,
-Andy