From:
Charles Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 15:19:03 -0500
Just a few comments on what Joe wrote.

> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 11:09:54 -0700
> From: Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: New On-line poll
>

> anyway, the URL is:
> www.csuglab.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/krr2/poll.cgi

I went to the page, and I honestly disagree with more of the team
positions than I agreed with.

> Right now Michigan (?) is #1.  I would have thought the
> Fighting Sioux would be, but, as they say, its early.

Yes, I would love to hear why Michigan was picked to finish first.  Let
me guess, is it because they lost nine great players who comprised most
of their offense?  While I think UND will probably end up being the
favorite when the pre-season polls come out, it is VERY conceivable that
MSU or another team could be first in a few of the polls.  However, Michigan
will be lucky to be close to the top five.

> Joe
> Clarkson '77
>
> PS Is it just me, or will BC be the surprise team this year?  Is

They look like a good team, but besides being a dark horse, I doubt they
have a good shot of winning the title.

> RPI overhyped?

No, Rennselaer (hey, I spelled it correctly) looks like the best in the
ECAC this season (IMHO).  Although, I think that the ECAC will be the
weakest conference in the country next year, so anyone could take it.

>  Will anyone challenge Drury for the Hobey?

Probably Crowley from UMinn, but I think Drury is the favorite.

> Its August and we need something to talk about.

Agreed.  Oh, I have also set-up a similar poll on my page (did about a
week and a half ago).  Please stop by and vote when you get a chance.

charles
-
cob-web.com
-