From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 01:23:00 -0100
I spoke to Mass Lowell SID Jim Seavey earlier today, and he said that NESN
told him they would be showing Northeastern-Lowell Friday and Mass
Amherst-BU Saturday.  Lowell's Thursday game against Northeastern will be
on WNDS-50 as I mentioned earlier.

One question is, would NESN skip UMA-BU to do a third game from one of the
other series if a series goes three games?  I don't know if they are
committed to UMA-BU or if it is tentative.

Also, I had listed the UNH-Maine series as being slated for broadcast on
the Maine Broadcasting System, but this is apparently not definite yet.
There seems to be some exception to the exclusivity rule regarding NESN,
since the MBS showed Lowell-Maine last Saturday while NESN had BU-BC.  I'm
not sure what that exception is yet.  It could be that the MBS got
permission from NESN, or that the exclusivity rule does not extend into the
MBS's broadcast area.  I have been told in the past that WNDS and WABU
could not show games on nights that NESN was carrying a game.

If UMA-BU should go three games, I do not know of plans to broadcast the
third game Sunday.  I believe NESN is committed to other programming, and I
do not know if WABU-68 would consider showing the game.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93