From:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 1996 11:19:41 -0500
If Western Michigan was to be the #3 West seed,
and Cornell was to somehow manage the #6 East
(probably only by winning at Lake Placid), this would
set up an intriguing meeting between Cornell's
first year coach Mike Schafer and his coaching
mentor at Western Michigan (blanking on his name,
but I believe like many CCHA coaches he's been there
forever and is quite an institution).

From everything I've heard Mike really enjoyed
his time at WMU (UWM?) and greatly respects the head
coach there.  This would certainly add spice to a
tourny appearance against a good western seed -- although
even the most die-hard Cornellian would still expect
a first-rate whuppin'   :-)

This would also work with a #4/ #5 pairing, of course,
but I assume the only way that could possibly happen
would be if there was a big surprise in the HE tourny.

Greg R. Berge

Stoughton, MA
"From any pojnt on the globe, get lost,
go east five miles, and you're there..."