From:
Andrew Brecher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Brecher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 00:45:41 -0500
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>A little more...if you look at the standings in the archives, you'll
>find Army listed as 11-6-1 against DivI teams.  That means ALL DivI
>teams, and includes games vs any of the six minor Independents
>(Canisius, UConn, Fairfield, Holy Cross, Iona, and Villanova).  Army
>is 6-0-0 against those teams.
>
>But since none of those six teams will play 20 or more games against
>teams eligible for the DivI tourney, the games that Army plays against
>them do not count in the RPI for NCAA tourney consideration, and Wayne
>is not counting them in the HEAL rating either.
>
>Therefore, Army is 5-6-1 against teams eligible for the DivI tourney
>(i.e., any conference teams plus Air Force) and 18-1-0 against all
>others.  The one loss was 3-2 to Babson in the semifinals of the
>SNET/UConn Classic.

So why is Army listed with all the standings I've seen, but the six "minor"
Independents aren't?  If the six "minor" independents aren't eligible for
the Div I tourney (playing less than 20 games against other Div I's?  Will
Army play 20 games against Div I's?), why are they Div I in the first
place?

Still wondering what "Give My Regards to Broadway" has to do with Cornell,

--

- Andrew Brecher ([log in to unmask])  <insert disclaimer here>