From:
"Luiz F. Valente" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luiz F. Valente
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 09:43:34 EDT
>Posted on 27 Sep 1995 at 23:15:03 by Paul A. Troy
>
>Re: Admissions Selectivity
>
>FYI: It's not "University of Chicago (IL)" - but rather University of
>Illinois at Chicago (ie. UIC) (IL). The University of Chicago is on
>the south side of the city and University of Illinois at Chicago is
>on the near west side. U.of Chicago is independent of the U. of I.
>system. UIC has the only Division I program in the state.

Unfortunately Paul didn't real my post carefully. I mentioned the
University of Chicago as an example of a school in the category of
"MOST DIFFICULT" admissions that DIDN'T play Division I hockey. The
University of Chicago was mentioned together with MIT, Stanford and
Juilliard. These schools wered cited for the sake of comparison.
So, when I said University of Chicago (IL:) I DID mean the University
of Chicago, NOT the University of Illinois at Chicago.

The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is mentioned together
with the other CCHA schools. Its admissions are rated as
"MODERATELY DIFFICULT." I believe that UIC is, unlike the University
of Chicago, a public institution.

Luiz F. Valente