From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 1995 12:02:43 -0500
Clearly, there are some of you who check the HE stats closely. :-)
For example, Mike Heinke's (UNH) goaltending numbers are the same as
last week, even though he played in UNH's loss to BU Saturday (and
should have a higher GAA and lower sv%).  And last week, I believe
BU's power play percentage was not correct.

Please remember, the numbers came straight from the release, and I
cannot vouch for their accuracy.  But they should at least give you a
good idea of where teams/players are.

I suspect that next season, we will see a big improvement in this area.
Tim Burton (HE) and I have discussed various ideas and once the season
ends, there should be time to revamp the system - I may be involved in
it, but even if not, I know Tim wants to do something.  Since Tim was
hired just prior to this season, he really had no choice but to go
with the previous system - which was, do it by hand.  So occasional
mistakes are inevitable and people just need to understand this year.