From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 1995 11:37:10 -0700
Happy New Year to all from CA!  S California hockey freaks managed to get
a day-old tape of the finals of the GLI on ESPN, good game, Mich and MSU.... I
guess that should satisfy our appetites til ESPN brings us the NCAAs!  On
that subject, I would like all Hockey-L ers to make and complete a New
Year's resolution to write ESPN urging more coverage (weekly?) of Div I
college hockey... all leagues, etc.... I sent a letter last week.

If you missed it, the address is

ESPN
ESPN Plaza
Bristol, CT 06010

Also, to my hockey-starved mates in S CA area, I urge you all to
call/write to PRIME TICKET (either San Diego or LA version depending on
where you live) and urge them to bring back the PASS/PRIME feed of the
college hockey game of the week (Fridays, late afternoons PST) that they
used to carry last year and inexplicably dropped this year. Throw a guilt
trip on 'em, NHL strike, hockey starvation, etc.  I noticed last nite they
had some sort of swamp buggy races from Florida!  Hard to believe that
would draw more interest than hockey, but then again, S CA is not your
most normal place!  (No flames please, as I live in the northern reaches! :-))

Tony Buffa
RPI '64