From:
Reed H Munson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Reed H Munson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 1994 10:35:32 -0600
Last night after the CC game, coach Woog announced in a radio interview
that he would start Jeff Moen in goal Saturday night. Woog said that he
wanted to give Moen some playing time and a chance for some success.
Moen's only other playing time was in a 3-4 loss to North Dakota, where he
was pulled after 2 periods and four goals, and an overtime appearance
against Michigan Tech where he gave up the winning goal.

I had previously expressed some doubt about Callinan in net, but after
last night's performance (35 saves/36 shots) against the top offense
in the league, I obviously didn't know what I was talking about.
Still, Woog is taking a gamble, benching his hot goalie and going with Moen.

Gopher freshmen Mike Crowley and Ryan Kraft scored 2nd and 3rd MN goals,
both on the power play. Nick Checco, coming back from 2 injuries scored the
1st. It's kind of ironic, but when the Gophers were in there 6 game
winning streak, people were complaining about their inability to score
even-strength goals. After the recent streak where they were having problems
scoring *any* type of goals in league play, I'm sure the critics won't mind
if MN starts relying on power play goals again.

Rematch tonight!