Sender:
From:
Patrick Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1993 10:55:52 EST
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
Boy I'll tell ya what a misserable performance that was last night....
    Now I don't pretend to be a hockey expert, I don't play the game
(though I'm working on it...) but I do watch quite a bit...  SOme
comments on teh maine team:

     Size.  Maine doesn't have teh size that it used to, In the past
we had some size, but more than anything we had speed to compensate.
This weekend was a good demostration that we need some size up front.
BU also really pushed us around.  Give me a couple of forwards the
size of Fenton and Lacoture...  Or better yet, get me someone like
tepper....

     Defense:  well we all know that the defense has been hurt by
injuries, but Miane has got to stop playing dave macIssac.  The guy might
be big, but he's slow, and incompetent.  The bears had a power play with
three minutes left last night, and THREE TIMES, he let the puck go
right by him and out of the zone.  The Puck was along the boards for crying
out load.  That is pure incompetence.  If you watch Dave during an entire
game you will be amased at how many mistakes he makes....  Bring back
Weinrich, and Saunders  And Hey CHRIS IMES, if your reading PLEASE COMEB
BACK.....

     Cockiness (sp?).  This I think is Maine's biggest problem.  Even
though about half the team is made up of Freshman, I think that they
really have an attitude.  They go out on the ice with the feeling that
they can win no matter who they play, BUT they don't put the effort into
it.  Perhaps they could beat anyone they play, but they have to make a
better effort of playing hockey for a whole game.  Look at
Friday nights game.  They played for the first period, but after that
(and a 3-0 lead...) they sat on their Laurel's and allowed Ferris
state to come back.  Now I think that the team is starting to learn
(all these losses should make them do that...).  Perhaps now, after
winning one (when they began by playing well) and then loosing
again, the team will start to shape up and play 60 minutes of
hockey....

       but then that's just my opinion....

                             Pat Ellis