Sender:
From:
John Haeussler USA/Canada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1993 09:02:12 EDT
Michigan has released its 1993-94 schedule, with a few changes from
what we've had previously on H-L.

The October 29th game will be at Bowling Green rather than Ann Arbor.
This makes sense, otherwise Michigan would have had an extra home game.

It has been decided that the CCHA-WCHA Challenge will take place
at The Palace, exclusively.  Michigan will face Minnesota on Nov. 26
and Wisconsin on Nov. 27 (and vice-versa for Michigan State).  I'm
quite disappointed to hear this.  I was really hoping that they would
choose to play the first games at campus sites and the second games
at The Palace.

Finally, UM lists the NC$$ Regional as being Fri-Sat, Mar 25-26.  My
previous schedule had this as Sat-Sun, 26-27.

A note on season tickets -- NO NON-YOST GAMES ARE INCLUDED IN THE
SEASON TICKET PACKAGE!  Yes, this sucks big time.  The Jan. 29 game
versus Notre Dame at The Palace is a Michigan CCHA home game, but
we have to purchase tickets separately.  Q for MSU ticket holders...
Did you receive tickets to the Feb. 19 game at JLA with your season
package?

This means that in addition to my season ticket, I'll have to fork
out $10-$20 a seat to see Michigan play Minn (Palace), Wisc (Palace),
Notre Dame (Palace) and MSU (JLA).  To compensate for this, CCHA
First-Round tickets are included in the season package (provided that
Michigan gets home ice).  I consider this turn of events an outrage.

  John H
  U Mich