Sender:
From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1993 01:06:37 EDT
James wrote..
>        As some of you may already be thinking, a number of us will not have
>access to our email accounts  during the summer.  (Wayne, this doesn`t have to
>do with hockey, but may concern a few people. :-) )  Is there a way to suspend
>the recieving of mail for the summer without un subscribing??

   There is no advantage to "suspending mail" over unsubscribing, so I
   recommend you simply unsubscribe from HOCKEY-L by sending

      UNSUBSCRIBE HOCKEY-L

   in the body of mail to [log in to unmask] (*not* HOCKEY-L)
   before you leave your computer access for an extended period of time.

cheers,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]

P.S.  Folks away from their computer for short periods of time
      (a week?) may wish to use the "SET HOCKEY-L INDEX" command to
      [log in to unmask]  The result will be a smallish mail file
      each day showing only the article author, size, and subject of
      each article posted on the previous day.  When you return to your
      computer, you may reply (with TEXT) to each of these daily
      mailings nd automatically receive the full text of all (or
      selected) articles.  The "SET HOCKEY-L MAIL" command reverses
      the effect of the "SET HOCKEY-L INDEX" command.