Sender:
From:
Anthony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:57:25 -0700
I dont recall any players from college going to the NHL in the 50s or
early 60s. I recall seeing Red Berenson in action in the NCAAs in 1963
(?) in Syracuse, when Clarkson upset UMich 5-4 (I believe) and he was
probably one of the first. Until the mid 80s, I bet they were few and
far between as the gap in talent between D-I and the NHL began to narrow.

Even the fantastic skater and scorer for RPI, Bobby Brinkworth '64.
couldnt make it much past the lower levels of the minors as I recall.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64