Sender:
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:26:08 -0600
7bit
From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
I will look for a contemporary media account of that game, and will report on
what I find.  Your story, as well as Ed's memories of hearing the game
described by Boston radio announcers, may be accurate but I'd prefer to see it
corroborated by another source.

>>So far we have a 29 year old hearsay account of what happened.  Perhaps we can
>>find a contemporary newspaper story.  Though I am admittedly a biased Gopher
>>fan, I have a hard time believing that the only villains in this piece were
>>wearing maroon and gold.
>>
>>-- Erik
>

>     As a stated in my previous message, Ed's description of the events is
> precisely my recollection of the first period melee..... and I was a neutral
> observer of the game with no axe to grind, having been wrung out emotionally
> the day before watching the Bears lose their shot at the championship in the
> first semi.
>

> Bill Corrigan
>
> LET'S GO BRUNO!
> 2003-04 Ivy Hockey Champions
> 2004 UConn Hockey Classic Champions
> 2005 Mayor's Cup Game Champions
>
> .

University of Minnesota
NCAA Champions 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003