Sender:
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:54:15 -0500
7bit
    I was at DU Arena for the 1976 FF [following the Brown Bears who lost
the semi in 2OT to Michigan Tech (6-7) and then nipped BU, 8-7, in the
conso].  I can verify the accuracy of everything that Ed has written below
about the events which took place early in the first period of the semi
between Minny and BU.  I have never had any respect for Herb Brooks (God
rest his soul) since that day as the entire fracas seemed transparently
premeditated to deprive the Terriers of their captain/best player.  The
Gophers' gameplan succeeded and they went on to claim the national
championship, however tainted it was and still is.

You asked for it, Carl.

Bill Corrigan

LET'S GO BRUNO!
2003-04 Ivy Hockey Champions