Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:09:52 -0800
When I read that I too thought that odd that the ECAC would allow a
subset of teams to negotiate their own tv package.

I know in Hockey East the league package is paramount.  I believe that
any day where Fox Sports New England is showing a game that no other
Hockey East team is allowed to have a game on tv.

If FSNE hasn't claimed a date other schools may show their games on
television.

This Ivy League-only idea is interesting.  It would be like Maine, BC,
BU and UNH forming their own television package.  I can't imagine in
either case that the rest of the league would be overly happy.  While
they'd likely get "some" increased tv coverage, the other schools would
be able to use it more to their advantage.

-Deron