Sender:
From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:16:00 -0500
Just received my mailing with tickets to the upcoming Last Four.

The tourist-oriented brochure enclosed must have been what was alluded to
in my conversations with the Visitors Bureau when they said "in February" a
mailing to ticket holders would be made with a description of
transportation arrangements for the events.

I am very disappointed at the St. Paul organizers for not replicating the
excellent special bus shuttle system used last year in Albany.  Instead of
special arrangements for attendees, the brochure as much as says to
us:  "We got local buses, you figure it out".  I really don't want to hire
a car when there, and nowhere can I find which hotels are on the bus
line(s?) that stop at the venue.  Don't tell me about staying in walking
distance, unless you want to pay me the extortionary price markup between
the hotel charges on those days and the same place's regular weekend rates.

I for one would pay a special multi-day fare, above regular bus prices, for
this service in St. Paul.

Can anyone out there offer any insight or encouragement about the
possibility of special transportation services for April ?

Dan Doucette