Sender:
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 14:49:26 EST
It is a shame that some feel this way, although having been the target of some of that same admonishment, it isn't always hard to understand why.  The list, after all, is supposed to be for our *enjoyment* and not to be taken so seriously that we allow ourselves or each other to be beaten into verbal submission.

I for one have always enjoyed the (usual) intelligence of this list.  I have learned a lot from reading the posts, and I confess that I have not contributed as much as I would have wanted to up to this point.  At times it is difficult to read all the posts and respond in a timely manner, largely because the outside world (jobs, family, etc.) can really restrict the time it takes to ponder such things.  OTOH, I like it most for the break it provides from the outside world -- keeps me in touch with one of the things in life I enjoy most.

I for one will make more of a point to post to the list from now on.

-Todd