Sender:
From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 09:53:03 -0400
Thanks to "sports_dad" for posting the rules committee actions.

Please note the NCAA News is available online at the URL
http://www.NCAA.org/ and the article is available there at the URL

      http://www.ncaa.org/news/19990524/active/3611n07.html

In reading the committee actions, I'm reminded of several opposing
goalie chants, ... none of which I can repeat here.

Does anyone else get the feeling this is just a little bureaucratic hand-
waving that won't make a difference?  I did, until I got well into the
article and found:

>    Stated for the record its unanimous support of the half-shield for
>    intercollegiate competition. ...

So much for kids playing a game and the adults protecting them :-(

Emphasize the penalty for diving and unanimously support less facial
protection ... real good NCAA ice hockey rules committee.

Wayne T. Smith                             mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET                 University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey mailing lists