Sender:
From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 11:58:11 -0500
Deron Treadwell writes:

>New Hampshire beats Merrimack 5-4 tonight for a two-game sweep.
>
>That means New Hampshire will play the winner of BU/Providence (BU up
>6-1 after 2 periods, but PC holding the 1-0 series lead) and Maine
>will take on BC Friday in the Hockey East Quarterfinals.
>
>I believe UNH will play at 5 p.m. as the #1 seed, Maine and BC will
>play at 8 p.m.

UNH, being the number one seed in the tournament, has the preference as to
which game that want to play in. Coach Umile told us after the game that he
would prefer to play the 8:00 PM game so that UNH fans will be able to get
to Boston and root the team on.

He thought too much was made of the extra three hours rest that teams
playing the early game would get and that he could just as easily "scout"
potential opponents at 5:00 pm as he could at 8:00.  Plus the fact that UNH
has already played Maine four times this year and BC three times, so there
are no suprises left.

A little different philosphy than Shawn, eh?

Greg Ambrose
GO UNH BLUE!!!
JASON KROG IS HOBEY!!!