Sender:
From:
Daniel Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 17:30:58 -0400
Cornell plays in the ECAC along with the rest of the Ivy League teams.  They
are part of the ECAC, but also have their own set of rules to abide by and some
meaningless championship thing (sorry Cornell fans).  This falls under the same
theory as to why Harvard can't join the HEA.  For one school to join the Empire
Athletic Conference, all the Ivy's would, then suprise...you have the ECAC all
over again.

I like the 3 conference idea.  This could bring some more meaning to the Ivy
League fight, allow for some more N/C games, and promote new real D-1 schools.
If the HEA is willing to go to a 2 game per opponent schedule, their could be a
good deal of interconference matches.

Regards,
Dan Olsen

IBM Global Services, Managed Operations North
CSR, Fishkill Building 504
IBM Mail:  DOLSEN @ IBMUS or IBMUSM08(DOLSEN)
Internet Mail:  [log in to unmask]

        07/02/97 03:38 PM