Sender:
From:
Roger Spurgeon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 16:37:07 -0500
For those in the southeast Michigan area who hope to watch the West
Regionals on PASS:

Most cable companies in the Metro-Detroit area have a deal with PASS and
WDIV (Channel 4 in Detroit; they owns & operates PASS) that PASS is free
from the hours of 3AM-6PM daily, but is a premium (hence, scrambled)
channel from 6PM-3AM.  With the Michigan vs. Minn. or MSU game starting at
5:30, folks not subscribing to the "premium PASS" will get shut out of the
game 30 minutes into it.

Please note that this is an agreement between your cable operator and PASS,
and thus varies between cable operators.  Call you cable operator to know
for sure!  In Ann Arbor, Continental Cable has the above arrangement,
except that I can't remember if they shut off the "free" PASS at 6pm or
7pm.  To get around this, go to a local pub & ask that they turn on the
game--most pubs will have the full PASS subscription.

Also, in the past few years, Continental Cable (then Columbia Cable) of Ann
Arbor has picked up the NCAA Production feed for the Michigan games when
the game was not being shown on another channel.  They put the feed on one
of the bulletin board channels.  Call them and ask, the number is (313)
973-2266.

C-Ya at Van Andel,
Roger