Sender:
From:
Ted Halm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 09:01:28 EST
I read about the referee that was assaulted during the Canadian college
game in the Detroit News this week.  I don't recall this every happening
in the CCHA, but I do remember a story about Clarkson upsetting Lake
Superior in the NCAA Playoffs in the Soo.  The Lakers lost because
Clarkson's dangerous power play unit received numerous opportunities in
the pivotal game and scored many extra man goals.  Word was the fans
wouldn't let the referee out of the rink that night and he had to get a
special escort out to his car.  I also heard a story about a former CCHA
player (now in the ECHL) who received a 5-game suspension this year for
allegedly shooting a puck at a ref.